The Women's Ignition is a perennial best-seller in the REVIT lineup, and it’s long been a book-end in our jacket offering as one of the sportier and more capable jackets we have in the store.
Now known technically as the Ignition 3, the basic premise of this ultra capable hybrid leather/mesh jacket has remained the same for nearly a decade, and in our opinion is totally worth of a threequel.
We like it because there’s very little compromise while wearing this jacket—in terms of abrasion or impact. It’s tough, versatile, and protective. Yes, there are far more low-key jacket options—as in, every other jacket we offer. But in terms on on-bike performance, this blatantly technical motorcycle jacket is hard to beat.
Even though it offers all the protection of an armored leather jacket, it also offers versatility in spades, thanks to an innovative three-piece layering system that lets the rider fine-tune the climate control through 3 or even 4 seasons.
For cooler and/or wet weather, zip in the removable lofted thermal vest liner, and the full-sleeve waterproof/breathable membrane that extends all the way down to an elasticated storm cuff at the wrist.
For that crisp fall day with zero chance of rain, ditch the wind/waterproof (Hydratex in REVIT parlance) liner, and keep the thermal liner in to help block out the ventilated panels with lofted thermal insulating goodness.
And for truly hot days, zip out both those layers to activate the mesh body paneling throughout the non-critical areas of the jacket—at the chest, under the arms, and along part of the back. For even more venting, pen up the mesh-backed two-way zipper on the sleeve closures.
In any configuration the rider is protected by an outer shell that's built with cowhide in all the critical impact areas—backed up by CE-Level 2 elbow and shoulder armor.
A full 60 percent of this jacket is built from plentifully thick cowhide. The other 40 percent is comprised of sturdy ventilated mesh, which lets the wind whistle right through it, and makes this one of the most comfortable leather jackets you can buy for hot-weather riding.
Use a quick-zip 8-inch zipper, or a full 270-degree hip-to-hip zipper to connect this jacket to the matching pants of the same construction. All in all the combination makes for an unstoppable sport-touring package that a wide range or riders can appreciate.
Like all REVIT jackets there is a sleeve for an add-on back armor—in this case an Seesoft RV series Level 2 back protector.